The Association for Popular Music Education (APME) will host its 2016 Conference, "Make it Pop! Advancing Everyone's Music", at Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA, June 1-4, 2016. This conference aims to delve into a variety of topics centered on the following five areas:
1. Advancing Student-Centered Music Education Practices
2. Promoting Diversity and Inclusion in Popular Music
3. Individuals and Institutions Looking to Start a Popular Music Program
4. The Music Industry and Popular Music Education
5. K-12 Popular Music Students
Educators and scholars interested in all aspects of popular music education are encouraged to submit proposals. Submissions should specify and conform to one of the following formats:
Clinic/Workshop (50 minutes)
"Pop 15"- a 'TED-talk' style presentation to spotlight a topic and offer thought-provoking ideas (15 minutes)
Research/Position Paper- (30 minutes)
Each individual accepted to present at APME 2016 must also be a current APME member. You can join APME here.
Proposals should be submitted online at http://www.popularmusiceducation.org/ev ... or-papers/
The deadline for proposal submissions is December 15th, 2015.